You can’t top this. It can’t be done. Mom found this recipe last night and we’re trying it over the next two days. If it works, it might very well be the perfect food.
Red Velevet Crust Ingredients:
2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
Red Velevet Filling Ingredients:
3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
4 eggs, beaten slightly
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon white vinegar
2 (1 ounce) bottles red food coloring
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Strawberries for garnish
Red Velvet Cheesecake Directions:
1. Mix together chocolate graham cracker crumbs and brown sugar. Add melted butter and mix well.
2. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of 9-inch spring-form pan. Bake in 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes; cool slightly.
3. In a large bowl combine cream cheese and sugar and beat with a mixer until combined.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Add cocoa, sour cream, buttermilk, vanilla extract, vinegar and red food coloring and continue to beat until filling is smooth and well mixed.
6. Pour batter into prepared crust and bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cheesecake looks almost set. Remove cheesecake from oven and cool in pan. Cover and chill in refrigerator overnight (in pan).
7. To make the topping: Beat the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla extract, beating until smooth. Spread evenly over top of cheesecake. Remove sides of spring-form pan and garnish if desired with fresh strawberries.
Credit for this recipe goes to the Moms Who Think recipe site. Visit them HERE.