I’m not talking books, I’m talking swag. I polled readers on Facebook about what promo items they love to find in their conference goody bags. Next year will be my first year attending conferences, and I wanted to know what items readers want most.
Since several authors have asked for copies of the list, I’m blogging it today.
If you have ideas not shown–let me know! Pros or cons to add? I’m happy to list them. 🙂
What Readers Want
- Pocket mirrors
- Lens cleaning cloths
- Temporary tattoos
- Key chains
- Luggage tags
- Sports bottles
- Drawstring backpacks
- Stress toys
- Mini puzzles
- Card decks
- Post-it notes
- Mini calendars
- Rubber bracelets
- Medicine/pill bottles with candy (ex: peppermint pills labeled Zombie Treatment)
- Hand lotion
- Lip balm
- Hand sanitizer
- Paper “church” fans (Conferences get hot. Fans are popular with hot attendees.)
- Coin purses
- Chip clips (The swag with naughty and nice applications.)
- Several comments on “nice” pens. Not cheap ones. Readers want thick, sturdy ones.
- Several comments on chocolate melting onto other goodies, which was not good.
- Several comments on buying useful promo. Items readers can use post-conference.