Passing this along.
D. Renee Bagby Presents First Chapters is in need of content again.
This is a FREE promotional service for all romance authors. The blog posts the ENTIRE first chapter of your book for the sampling pleasure of readers around the net. Along with your first chapter is your author URL, cover, and buy links. One new chapter is posted each day so everyone has a chance to be at the top of the blog. All past posts are kept in the blog archive and can be accessed by author, publisher, and/or genre.
Blog posts are syndicated to Twitter — http://twitter.com/drb1stchp — and the blog fan page on FB — http://www.facebook.com/DRB1stChapters . As well, I include the links in my monthly newsletter. Each month the blog readers (and authors if they are so inclined) get a chance to vote on the best cover, the best first line, the best last line, and the best overall first chapter of those chapters posted in the previous month. Winners of each category have their cover and a link back to the chapter post in the sidebar of the blog for an entire month. Winners of best cover and best first chapter have their covers added to the photo section of the FB fan page.
Follow the submission guidelines to take advantage of this opportunity:
– Book must be available for purchase at time of submission (priority given to new releases)
– Romance or Strong Romantic Elements
– ANY romance sub-genre, relationship type, and heat level
– No YA
– No self-pub/vanity/subsidy
– Not publisher specific. Blog boasts 81 publishers currently
– Novelettes to Plus Novels — size doesn’t matter so long as you have a “Chapter One”
– ENTIRE first chapter or prologue (not both). No excerpts.
– PLEASE follow submission guidelines. There is an extended FAQ there as well.
Have a happy,